The week has just flown again. But I have been good and managed to muster up the enthusiasm to get on with a few painting projects that I had started some while ago.
This little picnic table was looking very tired. I just gave a quick couple of coats of F&B Folly Green...a really nice soft shade of green...just need the Sunshine to come back so that I can use it!
I had this horrible dark brown computer cabinet...it was huge, which was fine in our last house but far too big for this one. We tried to sell it on EBay but failed. So clever Mr N who loves a bit of woodwork! chopped it up! and made this much smaller cabinet for my bedroom. Being very dark wood it did not go well with my other furniture, so it also got the paint treatment. This time in F&B Blackened. It is a bit softer on the eye now.
It makes another nice little spot to display, I am always faffing around with my displays!
On Sunday we braved the winds and rain and went to Greenwich Market where I found these little broches. Two are Edelweiss and carved from bone and the other two, one with green glass and the other with turquoise. I can feel another collection starting!
I am going to have a go at making some Bunting for the Camp. I bought a small remnant of oil cloth from Cath Kidston in Tunbridge Wells...such a beautiful old shop....and blue tape.
Da Dar....all done in flash. My first attempt at Bunting and not bad!
I could not resist this ever so soft bath sheet, which was the perfect size to make a changing towel for our summer holidays! by adding a hand towel to the width it makes just enough room for me to be able to get in and get that cozy on!
And....at long last I have found the book was the inspiration for the title of my blog! Well I obviously had forgotten that this booked spelled Katherine with a ' C '....











0 comments:
Post a Comment