Nigella Takes An Overnight Trip....

Friday afternoon and we're off to Bodium in East Sussex which is only a 50 min drive for us......after the usual manic tidy-up and pack! on went the V Dub music and off we go!
This was a trial run for the new Drive-Away awning!
I thought that as many of you have expressed a love of VW Campers, you would like to have a tour of 'Nigella' here she is with her add-on.
Much needed extra space, as a camping trip for me is not about going with out or managing with less.......it is more like 'make it as cosy and homely as possible'
The bedroom! A 'proper' made bed with goose down duvet.
No smelly old sleeping bags allowed here.
The mini kitchen...
with electric hook-up which is brilliant- now I can use my hairdryer!
More of the kitchen area.....note the tea lights are lit already!

These are my new curtains - still not completely finished! normal for me...
I was running one through the sewing machine very early on the day we were going!!!
Inside the awning, camp almost set up... No shabby chic camp would be complete without it's Bunting!
Guy has made himself very much at home.

The start of my Thai Soup...this is before the coconut milk goes in.
And was most welcome as the evening was rather chilly and a hot spicy soup was perfect while we waited for BBQ.

I had to show you this great little camp...obviously not a weekender camper...this is definitely a more permanent camp. It was so fascinating I asked if I could show you all.
Sharon was a lovely young lady, living here and enjoying a stress-free life-style.
I had to keep checking on my bed....like a small child - I could not wait to get in it!
This camp allows campfires...yippee!
The picture is very blurred, but using the flash gave a totally wrong impression...anyway this is how it looked to me by 12.30am and after a few bevvies.


Tally Ho...
If anyone would like to try a V Dub Camping holiday follow this link...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...