At last Jude Joseph is here!
Born on 26th April 2008
13.36 hrs
7lb 12oz
A very proud new Daddy holds his precious little boy for the first time.
Nana gets to smother him in kisses.
Delighted that at last the wait is over.Mummy gives Jude a kiss hello.
This was a week that we will never forget.It is a bit of long story, but I will keep it brief!
I only wish the labour was!
Katie tried very hard to achieve her dream of the Home Birth, but alas things were just not progressing and she was finding the pain too much after 12 hours with only gas & air.
The birthing pool...which I must admit I was not too keen on, was actually a brilliant piece of equipment and I could see as soon a Kate climbed in and got into a comfortable position the frown on her face lifted and she looked more relaxed.
However, as I said things just were not progressing and she was finally taken into hospital by Ambulance at 4 am in the morning.
An epidural was given and the drip put up to try and speed things up a little.
Sadly this did not work either!
By 13.00 hrs it was decided to go to theatre and perform a Cesarean Section.
This is Paul in his scrubs and looking relieved that at last the wait would be over!
I felt honoured that I was able to be there.13.36......Jude was born.
Here is the little chap looking so much better now that he has been fed, dressed and given lots of cuddles.
Now this is a very good tip given to me by one of staff.There is always a shortage of pillows in the Maternity Dept. Goodness knows where they all go!
So pack 2 of your own and put very bright pillow slips on them so they stick out like sore thumbs and you are reminded to take them home with you!
Nothing like sleeping on your own pillows anyway...
After a few hours Jude's head...which did resemble that of an alien when he first appeared, started to mould itself nicely.He has huge blue eyes and silky ash blond hair.
Oh yes, and big hands like his Daddy.
I want to say a huge thank you to all the wonderful staff at Queen Mary's, what very special people you all are.
Thank you to all of you have left comments or emailed me about Katie.
Blogger's United
xCx







0 comments:
Post a Comment